6 Craigour Road, Torphins
Tel 07899 602952
OPENING HOURS Wednesdays and Fridays 10.00 am to 3.00 pm, Saturdays 10.00 to 1.00 pm
WHAT WE SELL A wide selection of very good quality donated items spread across two rooms all very well presented and all on the one level. Items for sale include clothes, shoes, furnishings, bric a brac, books and DVDs, children’s items, paintings, jewellery and homeware.
DONATIONS - We welcome donations of
- Women’s and men’s clothing and shoes
- Children’s clothing, toys and games
- Books, DVDs, CDs and vinyl
- Accessories, belts, handbags
- Jewellery, bric a brac, crockery and ornaments
- Glassware, bakeware
- Household linen
Sorry, the shop cannot accept furniture or electrical goods.
PLEASE BRING DONATIONS DURING SHOP OPENING TIMES. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS WHEN THE SHOP IS NOT OPEN.
New volunteers to help run the shop are always very welcome. Previous experience not required. Want to know more? Come down to the shop on a Wednesday, Friday or Saturday and one of the team will be delighted to show you around and give you a flavour of what happens. There is a book in the shop for putting down times volunteers can manage and volunteers are not expected to be able to “do a turn” every week – just when you can manage. The duties involved are not complicated and there is a great spirit of friendship amongst the volunteers.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE SURPLUS RAISED FROM YOUR DONATIONS
The purpose of the charity shop is to promote the charitable, community, outreach and mission work of the church within the Mid Deeside Parish boundary. This includes the villages of Kincardine O’Neil, Lumphanan, Torphins and Tornaveen. All net proceeds are allocated to the mission/outreach work of the church, including donations to other local charities, community groups and good causes. Written requests for funds are encouraged and charity shop volunteers make recommendations which are then approved or adjusted by the Kirk Session who are the Trustees of Mid Deeside Church.
Since opening in June 2014 over £40,000 has been distributed to local worthy causes within the parish.
Beneficiaries in 2016 were:
- £3,739 to Torphins Medical Practice for medical equipment;
- £500 to Abbeyfield home Torphins for a new television;
- £600 to Torphins Junior Football Club for new goals;
- £900 for Tornaveen Hall for new windows.
- £250 to Kincardine O'Neil Village Hall for new tables;
- £500 to Lumphanan Golf Club for a new Junior Tee;
- £90 to Lumphanan Netball Club for new strips;
- £400 for a Fischy Music subscription for the three Primary schools;
- £200 assistance to a young person in the parish; and
- £4,450 to support the work of the Church through Mid Deeside Church General Fund.